Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Menitmeter

Today in class we were broken into groups and we all were told to pick a topic under the study of Earth Science that we were not too familiar with so we can then teach a lesson to the class after learning some more about it. My group and I chose to teach about Earth's surface, we made a lesson teaching about Pangaea, continental drift, the layers of the earth and the future of the Earth. We know now that to start off a lesson we need a pre-assessment. My group and I wanted to try something different to pre-assess the class's knowledge so we used the website Mentimeter. This was my first time using this application, it was so fun and unique! Mentimeter allows the user to post questions, then has a code to share with the class, and everyone can see the answers emerge in real time. I thought this was such an innovative way to ask and answer questions. We pre-assessed the class using this application and we were able to see all of the answers appear on the board and we were able to discuss them as they were posted. Later on in the lesson we stopped, where we checked for understanding and used the mentimeter once again. I love the immediate feedback this application provides because then it makes it easier to discuss and explore other's answers. At the end of our lesson, we used Mentimeter to assess what everyone learned from the presentation. This allowed us to quickly access everyone's thoughts and talk about them in real time. I loved using this and I would use this in my future classroom. This is an engaging and exciting way to assess information and openly discuss topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Article

On the first day of class, we were told to close our eyes and imagine a scientist. We were then provided with colored pencils and constructi...