Friday, December 14, 2018

Book Trailer

Image result for a seed is sleepyImage result for voicethreadTo finish the semester everyone in the class was instructed to make a book trailer. I never heard of a book trailer, but this ended up being one of my favorite assignments. A book trailer is similar to a movie trailer because it is a preview that makes the viewer want to see more! To make a book trailer you take pictures or video clips of particular pages in the book that you think will intrigue the viewer. Once you have chosen these sections of the book you can make a trailer narrating the pages and engage the audience. This assignment was very different than anything I have ever done so I was excited to get started! To begin this project I searched through a selection of science trade books. I went to the curriculum library at Mount Saint Mary College and began to look for a book about plants. I chose the book, " A Seed is Sleepy", written by Dianna Hutts Aston and illustrated by Sylvia Long. I picked this book because I liked the formatting, the book was written using poetic language, but also provided interesting facts on each page. I also really liked the illustrations found throughout the book. This book is non-fiction and provides the reader with some interesting facts about seeds across the world. Once I found my book I completed a handout to give to my class that included the title, author, and illustrator of the book, a synapse of the book, how I would use this book in a classroom, a and standards that could be used based on the book, you can see this here. Next, I created a storyboard where I can organize the photos I chose from the book to intrigue my audience. I used Google Slides to complete my storyboard and I wrote a script in the notes to follow so I knew what to say when I was narrating, you can find this here. After I finished this, I moved onto making the actual trailer, I used the application called VoiceThread. This is where you can upload pictures or videos then add an audio clip along with those attachments. I never used this application before but it was really simple to use and I would definitely want my future students to be able to use it for projects and other assignments. Once I finished using the VoiceThread application my book trailer was complete, here is where you can find it. I really liked the outcome of my project and I thought this was creative and fun! I would definitely want to use this with my future students because it is a great way for students to share great books with one another.  I liked this project so much that I wrote this as a lesson for my unit plan.  This is a way for students to use technology and learn about books from any genre!Image result for a seed is sleepy

1 comment:

  1. I loved your book trailer! and that book that you choose! I would definitely consider use it into my future classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Research Article

On the first day of class, we were told to close our eyes and imagine a scientist. We were then provided with colored pencils and constructi...