Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Learning From the Past


I had the opportunity to read through advice left behind from Dr. Smirnova's previous students, which could be found here. This was interesting to read because it gave me an idea on what to expect and how to succeed in this class. It was really reassuring to read the previous students comments about the course because they all emphasized that this is a learning experience. It was nice to read other students state that, although it stressful teaching for the first time, it is something to learn from and it's okay if you're not perfect! The students also stated that Dr. Smirnova understands that we are still learning and that we should feel comfortable talking to her about any questions because she wants us to be the best we possibly could be. I have learned that the best way to complete this class is to finish all tasks as soon as possible. The students wrote that time flies by in this class and it's necessary to not lose track of it. A lot of previous students explained how important it is to stay on top of your work so it does not pile up. They explain that the work isn't necessarily hard but it is time consuming so it is best to not stress yourself out and spread it out. I have been trying my best to finish all my assignments as soon as possible so I don't feel like I'm drowning in work. After reading through these letters I have learned that this is an experience that will make me a better teacher in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Article

On the first day of class, we were told to close our eyes and imagine a scientist. We were then provided with colored pencils and constructi...