During fieldwork today I have learned how important it is to have an organized lesson plan. Group 2 began their lesson plan on vegetative organs and plant tissues. Today was a direct instruction lesson plan, therefore the teachers gave the students a note packet to help follow along with the notes. The packet seemed well organized which helped the students write their notes and understand what they were learning. I liked how the notes had a pencil in the corner of the page to let the students know when they should be writing. After seeing how well an organized note packet kept the students in order and on track I realized how important this truly is. I have learned that students work better when it is clear what is expected of them. Having an organized note packet will benefit the students learning experience. I also really loved how this group had a plant waiting for each student at their table. The students were able to observe their plants and could write down all of the things they noticed(smell, touch, size, parts, etc. ). I thought this was a great way to peak the students interest in the topic and have them stay engaged. The students were able to have a visual aid right in front of them to help them learn about this topic. In my future classroom, I would love to bring in as many real-life examples for my students to help them have a better understanding. These are definitely some concepts I would like to incorporate in a classroom. I thought this group did a great job overall and the students seemed to really enjoy what they were learning. It seemed like the group was well prepared to teach this lesson and it was very interesting!Wednesday, October 10, 2018
How Important is Organization? - Group 2 FW
During fieldwork today I have learned how important it is to have an organized lesson plan. Group 2 began their lesson plan on vegetative organs and plant tissues. Today was a direct instruction lesson plan, therefore the teachers gave the students a note packet to help follow along with the notes. The packet seemed well organized which helped the students write their notes and understand what they were learning. I liked how the notes had a pencil in the corner of the page to let the students know when they should be writing. After seeing how well an organized note packet kept the students in order and on track I realized how important this truly is. I have learned that students work better when it is clear what is expected of them. Having an organized note packet will benefit the students learning experience. I also really loved how this group had a plant waiting for each student at their table. The students were able to observe their plants and could write down all of the things they noticed(smell, touch, size, parts, etc. ). I thought this was a great way to peak the students interest in the topic and have them stay engaged. The students were able to have a visual aid right in front of them to help them learn about this topic. In my future classroom, I would love to bring in as many real-life examples for my students to help them have a better understanding. These are definitely some concepts I would like to incorporate in a classroom. I thought this group did a great job overall and the students seemed to really enjoy what they were learning. It seemed like the group was well prepared to teach this lesson and it was very interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Research Article
On the first day of class, we were told to close our eyes and imagine a scientist. We were then provided with colored pencils and constructi...
No comments:
Post a Comment