Thursday, October 11, 2018

Interactive Teaching - Group 3 FW

Today in fieldwork I have learned how crucial it is for the students to have fun while learning! I was able to observe the students and I noticed how thrilled they became when kahoot was introduced. Group three conducted two experiments with the students today and it went great! The lesson started by the teachers pre-assessing the content from the last class through a kahoot that asked questions about plant morphology and reproduction. I thought this was a great idea for the students to get engaged, they were really excited to compete in kahoot! Once the teachers told the students in the class that they were going to play kahoot, the energy in the room shifted. Kids were eager to begin the lesson!I think it is so important for the students to have fun throughout their day. School should be a place of learning but also enjoyable! The students were ready to compete and show how much they remembered from the last class. I thought this set the tone for the entire lesson because the students were now enthusiastic about the lesson and were motivated to learn! I have learned that if students are engaged from the very beginning then the outcome of the lesson will be more meaningful.  I think it is very important to have creative and different ways to pre-assess because it could be very boring if a teacher just hands out a worksheet of questions to see what the students already know.  Throughout this course, I would like to learn other creative ways to pre-assess my future students.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Article

On the first day of class, we were told to close our eyes and imagine a scientist. We were then provided with colored pencils and constructi...